Last Monday Ash killed all the power in our house by plugging in an old dryer. We were out of power for about 3 hours, which was boring and annoying. It was a free service for them to fix it and it took the electrical guy about 30 seconds of his time to replace the main fuse to our house.
Anyway after that I thought to myself how annoying it is to be without electricity and then realised that it had been awhile since I had last seen an electricity bill. I emailed the electricity company and asked when our next bill was due as it had been some time since we had paid one.
I received the following today:
The following invoices have been issued to you yesterday for your electricty account at .House:
- $189.03 for the period 11 September 2006 to 24 October 2006
- $323.28 for the period 24 October 2006 to 25 January 2007
- $334.74 for the period 25 January 2007 to 27 April 2007
- $551.20 for the period 27 April 2007 to 26 July 2007
- $612.90 for the period 27 July 2007 to 29 October 2007
- $463.48 for the period 30 October 2007 to 22 January 2008
- $498.13 for the period 23 January 2008 to 26 April 2008
When you singed up with ActewAGL in September of 2006 the operator you spoke with put your entry date for this property as the 11/09/2008. Due to this data entry you have not been billed for nearly two years.
I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you.
I look forward to hearing from you and hope you enjoy your weekend.
It turnes out that we have infact not paid one electricity bill since moving in.